The Producers Bank logo represents the aspiration of the Bank as expressed by the ideals of its four publics (customers, employees, creditors, and shareholders). These four publics are the four sides of the logo. These interlocking publics, if put together, share a common spirit of sacrifice, honesty, and teamwork. Thus, creating a solid and stable institution represented by the square of the logo. The Bank sees itself becoming the avenue – the yellow path – through which the countryside’s green resources are transformed into new golden wealth. It aims to be the primary development financial institution – represented by the color yellow – in the Philippine countryside – represented by the color green. The Bank, therefore, is the yellow sun rising on the Philippine countryside bringing new hope to Filipinos who seek a better future. Producers Bank is the dawn rising, shedding light to families and towns and bringing hope by helping people create new wealth.
To be the most progressive, stable and strong private development financial institution in the Philippine countryside.
To make our depositors happy with the value and quality of services they get from Producers Bank
To provide responsive and innovative credit and other services needed by farmers, micro and small to medium entrepreneurs
To assure challenging and rewarding jobs and long-term employment for our employees
To make our stakeholders very proud of our contributions to economic development in the Philippine countryside
Statement of Corporate Responsibility
The main purpose of our existence is to create long-term value to our shareholders by
generating for them superior and sustainable returns. We will achieve this by:
- Providing our customers value-added products and better service delivery;
- Adhering to what our laws and regulations require;
- Promoting a corporate culture that subscribes to high moral and ethical standards
- underpinned by codes of corporate governance and best practices;
- Creating a working environment based on the values of equal opportunity and meritocracy; and
- Improving the quality of life of our employees, and in the communities that we serve particularly in areas that are not served by the large financial institutions.